Thursday, April 5, 2012

Darcy? Proposal?

As I had predicted, Darcy has ruined his chances with Elizabeth, & I know this by the most shocking action of all- He proposed to her!! To add to all of this, I must say, Darcy's speech was... unexpected. I understand Darcy is a very proud man, but to dwell upon her social inferiority & then ask for her hand in marriage? Nonsense, Mr. Darcy! You have once again failed to prove that you are capable of putting yourself aside... Although, as much as it pains me to say this about my dear Darcy, I am glad Elizabeth rejected Darcy's proposal, primarily because of his insenserity. (& the fact that he's mine<3) Elizabeth is not my favorite nor most respected, but I must give her praise for being proud, herself.
& of course, leave it to Mr. Darcy to never give up & instead, offer Elizabeth a letter. Now, this, I believed was completely sincere... as much as I do not want to believe. As far as I know, Elizabeth is still unsure of her feelings... & hopefully they stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment